The primary purpose of Student Financial Aid at Arkansas Tech University is to provide assistance to students who, without aid, would be unable to attend college. All awards are administered by the Financial Aid Office in accordance with State and Federal Regulations and the University's equal educational opportunity policy.
Application forms for all types of Federal aid may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office or on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You are welcome to drop by or call--we will be happy to discuss your financial aid with you and answer any questions you may have.
Types of Aid
- We have updated our Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy and our appeal procedures.
The updated SAP is located here and the new procedure for appeal is located here. Please let us know if you have questions!
Federal aid eligibility is based on enrollment as of the last day of the 100 percent tuition refund period for the current regular term. Summer classes added after June 6, 2017, will not be considered for additional aid. If you used all of your federal aid eligibility for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017, you will not be eligible for summer aid.
To check your summer aid eligibility, contact us (479-968-0399; email@example.com).
Federal aid will be credited based on your enrollment status as your classes begin and will pay for only one repeat of a class in which you have already received a passing grade. Additionally, federal aid will only pay undergraduates for undergrad classes and graduates for grad classes, not for combined enrollment. To receive the accepted aid, you must begin and remain in attendance through the 100 percent tuition refund period for each class and be making satisfactory academic progress.
The Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy is located on our “Forms” page.
- The 2017-2018 FAFSA was available online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ early this year. You could begin filling out the FAFSA for the Fall 2017, Spring
2018, and Summer 2018 on OCTOBER 1, 2016. Contact our office for more information.
Note: If you are receiving any institutional scholarship or waiver from Arkansas Tech University, you must have your FAFSA and all requested documents on file in the Financial Aid Office no later than August 1 of each year you plan on attending.
- 2016-2017 FAFSAs are still available online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. This application covers Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017.
- Stay in the know about important financial aid details, sign up for Remind 101 by texting @atufi to 81010 from your phone or going to the following link on your browser rmd.at/atufi. You can also add Arkansas Tech Student Accounts by texting @atus to 81010 from your phone or going to the following link on your browser rmd.atu/atus.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING REFUND CHECKS! -
Direct deposits will be in your bank account the Wednesday after a refund appears on your student account. It is easy to sign up! Just go to your OneTech account, click on Tuition & Aid, and in the Payment Options box, click Enroll in Direct Deposit.
- Paper Checks will be available for pick up in the Student Accounts Office the Friday after a refund appears on your student account. Checks not picked up will be mailed to the current address on file.