40th Annual Arkansas Governor's School
July 7 - August 3, 2019
The Arkansas Governor’s School is a four-week summer residential program for gifted and talented students who are upcoming high school seniors and residents of the state of Arkansas. State funds provide tuition, room, board, and instructional materials for each student who attends the four-week program on the site of a residential college campus, leased by the State. The Arkansas Governor’s School is a non-credit program that seeks to create a unique experience for a select group of Arkansas’ best students—the potential leaders of the 21st century. Both inside and outside the classrooms, AGS provides highly motivated, creative students with an intellectual atmosphere impossible to sustain in ordinary academic settings. The excitement of intellectual and artistic pursuits and the expectation of significant conceptual gains permeate all aspects of the participants’ lives for the full four weeks.
STUDENT & FACULTY APPLICATION FORMS AVAILABLE ONLINE
November 1, 2018
NOMINATION/APPLICATION FORMS DUE
January 31, 2019
SELECTION RESULTS EMAILED TO SCHOOLS AND STUDENTS
April 15, 2019
Upload AGS application
Nomination/Application packets are due January 31, 2019.Student Packet UploadFaculty Packet Upload
Video Presentation - North Little Rock High School 11/30/18. Skip preliminary conversation and go directly to beginning of presentation at 1:30.
WHAT MAKES ARKANSAS GOVERNOR'S SCHOOL GREAT?
Students are selected on the basis of their special aptitudes in one of nine fields:
All students also take classes in General Conceptual Development (Area II) and in Personal and Social Development (Area III)
- Only students who are residents of Arkansas and who are presently in junior classes
at a public or private high school or are homeschooled are eligible to be nominated
to apply. These must be students who are entering into their senior year of high school.
Students who plan to graduate from high school before attending AGS are not eligible
to be nominated or apply to AGS.
- Nominees should have demonstrated
- creativity in academic or creative fields,
- above average ability in the nominated discipline area,
- a high degree of self-motivation required to satisfy the program’s demanding requirements,
- the intellectual, social, and emotional maturity required to thrive in an environment
that emphasizes theoretical and process-related learning.
- Nominees must be willing to commit to the entire program. Students who would like
to participate in other programs or activities that run concurrent to AGS should not
- All qualified students should be considered for nomination regardless of socioeconomic status, cultural, or language differences.
Phone: (479) 968-0391