Welcome to the
College of Education
Welcome to the College of Education (COE) where we focus on preparing teachers and leaders for programs serving students birth through PK-12 and adult learners. You will discover a range of nationally accredited degree and certification options administered and taught by highly regarded, experienced professionals in the College of Education.
Undergraduate level programs include:
- Bachelor of Science with emphasis in Elementary, Middle Childhood/Early Adolescence, and Secondary Education leading to teacher licensure.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood for those interested in Birth through Kindergarten programs.
Graduate programs leading to teacher licensure include:
- Master of Arts in Teaching (initial licensure)
- Master of Education in Teaching, Learning and Leadership (NTL initial licensure).
Advanced degrees in other areas include:
- Master of Education
- NEW Program (now accepting Summer/Fall 2016 applicants) Instructional Technology - Library Media Specialist (Grades K-12) online
- Instructional Technology - Instructional Design and Technology
- NEW Program (now accepting Summer/Fall 2016 applicants) Special Education Degree and Special Education endorsement (Grades K-12) online
- Master of Science in Strength and Conditioning
- Master of Science in College Student Personnel
The COE offers a Doctorate in School Leadership with cohorts forming each summer.
Leadership programs leading to licensure include:
- Master of Education of Education in Educational Leadership,
- Master of Education School Counseling and Leadership
- Master of Education in Teaching, Learning and Leadership (curriculum administrator)
- Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership (Superintendent Licensure)
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions or if you would like to meet with an education advisor to discuss career options.