June and July 2017
Not sure where you want to study abroad? Check out ALL the possibilities on the International Studies Abroad (ISA) website: http://studiesabroad.com/
12 Easy Steps for Studying Abroad
- Explore your options. Begin by searching ATU’s Study Abroad Website atu/studyabroad.
- Set some goals. Why do you want to study abroad? Where do you want to go? Why? When do you want to go and how long would you like to stay? How will study abroad fit into your academic program? Do you want to study in a foreign language?
- Meet with Gabriele Haulmark, Study Abroad facilitator firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss programs available.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss graduation requirements for your degree. You want to find the best time to fit in your Study Abroad experience in your degree program. You may need to take foreign language or other prerequisite courses for your chosen program before you can go abroad.
- Estimate the financial need for study abroad by comparing the cost of study abroad with the cost of attending Arkansas Tech University.
- Discuss studying abroad with your parents.
- Choose your Study Abroad program.
- Discuss funding options with the Study Abroad Office, the Financial Aid Office, your parents and sponsors.
- Start applying for scholarships.
- Get a passport, visa and other necessary travel documents.
- Fill out all necessary paperwork from the Study Abroad Office.
- Attend a Pre-Departure Orientation session offered by the Study Abroad Office.