Those students choosing the speech option must take:
- COMM 1003 Introduction to Communication
- COMM 2003 Public Speaking
- COMM 2023 Communication Research and Writing
- COMM 3123 Argumentation
- COMM 4003 Human Communication Theory
Students choosing the speech option, in consultation with an advisor, can design a program in one of the following areas of emphasis:
- communication for the professions
- language and culture
- organizational communication
- performance studies
The matrix below is a sample plan for all coursework required for this program.
1See appropriate alternatives or substitutions in "General Education Requirements".
2Certain electives and social sciences are recommended based on student’s emphasis.