Master of Science
Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Administration
Nurses with the masters or masters of science in nursing that have moved into management or administrative professional roles which require further graduate education in administration will apply to this program. This post-master's certificate program would allow those nurses to complete the necessary requirements for his/her administrative role and be prepared to sit for the certification exams that are available for nurse administrators.
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements for Graduate College.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative graduate grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants must have graduated from a BSN program that was NLNAC or CCNE accredited at the time of graduation.
- Applicants must have a Master of Science or Master of Science in Nursing degree.
- Approval from the MSN Admissions Committee.
The fifteen (15) hours of courses for students in this track include the following:
The Nursing Graduate Studies Committee will assign a faculty advisor to each student admitted to the Nursing Administration certificate. The advisor will assist the student in the design of a curriculum of study that leads to the fulfillment of certificate requirements. Additionally, the academic advisor and the Graduate College will monitor the student's progress. It remains, however, the student's responsibility to understand and to satisfy all certificate requirements.
Special Conditions of Graduate Credit
Graduate Credit Taken After Admission to Arkansas Tech University
If after admission to graduate study, a student wishes to take a course at another institution to count toward degree requirements at Arkansas Tech University, the student must (in advance of enrollment) obtain written approval from the program director and the Graduate College Dean.