What You Will Learn
What Is The Accounting Degree?
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a degree in Accounting is
housed within the College of Business. The curriculum requires study sufficient for
professional practice in financial accounting, management accounting, auditing, and
taxation. The curriculum also includes intermediate coursework in business law and
economics, general coverage of management theory, and business mathematics and statistics.
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Current accounting practices and theory
- Relevant business verbiage
- Oral and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Sound and ethical decision making
- Industry-necessary technology
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Accounting Association
- American Society of Women Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Accounting
- Association of Government Accountants
- National Association of Black Accountants
State and Local Organizations
Additional resources specifically for Tech students:
Where Might I Find A Job After Graduating From This Program?
Click here to see some of the positions the Arkansas Tech Accounting graduates have held. Some
possible careers within the field can be found there as well.
Where Can I Get More Information About The Accounting Degree?
If you would like a tour of the College of Business please contact Courtney Pratt.